The news director for Duluth television station KQDS Fox 21 resigned from the position Monday after objections to what was called a racist Facebook post he made last week, the Duluth News Tribune reports. Fox 21 general manager Jackie Bruenjes issued a statement Monday night saying she accepted Jason Vincent’s resignation.
Vincent had made a comment on Facebook last week about a stranger in his yard: “Add drunk, homeless, Native American man to the list of animals that have wandered into my yard.”
Vincent apologized on Facebook, and the station briefly posted an apology. Vincent said he did not consciously mean to equate the man with an animal.
Bruenjes, the station’s general manager, said this in the statement: “[Monday] KQDS FOX 21 TV accepted the resignation of Jason Vincent, News Director. Jason has elected to take a new job assignment. We wish Jason the best.”
It was not immediately clear if Vincent had left the company, Red River Broadcast Co., or just taken a different position.