Mitch Hedberg fans, get excited.
The late, St. Paul-born stand-up comedian’s entire body of work is coming out on vinyl, Comedy Central said Tuesday.
Hedberg was known for his “absurd observations about everyday life,” Comedy Central says. And after his overdose death in March 2005, MTV News reported, he continued to build a “cult following,” Comedy Central notes.
Some of his most popular quotes include:
- “I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.”
- “I’m against picketing, but I don’t know how to show it.”
- “I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an ‘escalator temporarily out of order’ sign. Only an ‘escalator temporarily stairs… sorry for the convenience.'”
A few years ago, Buzzfeed ranked all of Hedberg’s jokes – check out the list here.
How to buy the collection
“Mitch Hedberg: The Complete Vinyl Collection” will be released Nov. 4, but you can pre-order it on Amazon now for $99.98.
The collection includes:
- 12-inch vinyl editions of all three original Comedy Central Records albums: “Strategic Grill Locations,” “Mitch All Together,” and “Do You Believe in Gosh?”
- A 36-page book, including photos, stories by Hedberg’s wife Lynn Shawcroft, as well as original essays by Doug Stanhope, Mike Birbiglia and Margaret Cho.
- Custom USB drive with MP3s of all three albums, plus never-before-heard recordings and an uncut presentation of Hedberg’s 1999 “Comedy Central Presents” show.