All Stories

Categories

BMTN Info

Powered by WordPress.com VIP

Minneapolis theater files $350K claim against Prince’s estate

A Minneapolis theater has filed a claim against Prince’s estate after its gala planned for Paisley Park was canceled.

Jack Reuler, the artistic director at the Mixed Blood Theatre, filed a claim last week against the estate for $348,258 after its 40th Anniversary Gala was canceled just over a week before the event.

The document says that’s how much Mixed Blood Theatre would have gotten from the gala, based on projected fundraising, silent auction items, and the cost of refunded tickets and sponsorships, among other things.

Paisley Park staff had reportedly assured Mixed Blood Theatre that the May 14 gala could go on following Prince’s April 21 death. But then just eight days before the event they were forced to cancel.

According to Mixed Blood Theatre’s website, Bremer Trust – the court-appointed administrator of Prince’s estate – was enforcing a ban on all public events at Paisley Park, including the events that were already scheduled and under contract.

Reuler told the Star Tribune Bremer Trust “assured us that we would be made whole” after it canceled the gala, noting the claim is to make sure their ongoing negotiations to recoup costs is recognized by the court.

Mixed Blood Theatre’s claim is among several claims that have been made against Prince’s estate over the past few months. For all the public documents associated with the estate, click here.

Paisley Park is expected to open for public tours on Oct. 6.

Comments

 

More in News