If living by the beach is your dream, don't pack your bags for California – some of the best beach towns in the country are right here in Minnesota.
WalletHub released a list Wednesday of 2017's Best Beach Towns to Live in, and our state made the list not once, not twice, but six times in the top 30, and eight times overall. The only state with more cities near the top of the list is Florida, which has 11.
Don't get confused, this isn't a list of simply the best beach towns in America – it's the best ones to live in.
So WalletHub took into account 49 key "indicators of livability" – things like housing costs, number of waterfront homes for sale, and quality of beach water.
They compared 227 beach towns across the country, and our own Eden Prairie managed to crack into the last slot of the top three. The city got big ratings for its weather, economy, education and health.
Duluth was the next Minnesota town on the list, coming in at number 10. It scored in the top 10 for affordability, education and health, and actually got a higher score than Eden Prairie for quality of life.
Here's how the rest of our cities ranked out of 227
15. Stillwater – Made the top five for education and health.
16. Chanhassen – Top five for economy.
17. Cloquet – Came in third for education and health.
25. Blaine – Scored in the top 10 for education and health.
48. Hastings – Top 20 for weather and education and health.
75. Fridley – Made the top 10 for weather.