The guys from Barstool Sports are in Minnesota for the Super Bowl and while they're here they're giving blunt reviews at some of the most popular pizza joints in the Twin Cities.
So far, that's bad news for Pizza Luce in downtown Minneapolis and decent news for Cossetta's in St. Paul.
Here's Dave Portnoy's review of Cossetta's, which received a score of 6.9 (out of 10).
Some of the finer points of his review:
- "This place reminds me of Italy."
- "It's a heavy slice. It's a Minnesota mush, bobsled slice."
- "Very cheesy. Feels like something I could get at a Minnesota Wild game."
- Calling former North Stars great Lou Nanne "Luke Non."
- "I don't hate this pizza, I ain't mad at it."
- Refusing to give the pizza a 6.9 rating because those two numbers next to each other are too dirty for Minnesotans to handle.
Here's the review of Pizza Luce, which he gave "like a 5.3."
- "This eye test, I don't think I'm going to love."
- "I love Bud Grant."
- "I like Minnesota."
- "People who are saying Pizza Luce is good pizza, shame on them."
- "This is a 5.3 folks. That's how you get run out of the building in the NFC Championship."
They also plan to go to Pizzeria Lola in Minneapolis, Red's Savoy and more.
If you trust Barstool to serve as your pizza aficionado, then you better go check out Black Sheep Pizza in Minneapolis or St. Paul. The guy says it's the best pizza he's ever had in Minnesota.