A Minnesota country radio station is debuting its own sampler CD this year, in an effort to raise money for the state's military families.
BOB FM's “Minnesota Country Salute CD: Volume 1” – featuring 15 tracks from local country artists – will release on Black Friday, with 100 percent of the net proceeds benefiting Minnesota military families.
It's the first such album for BOB FM; it will be available starting Nov. 28 for $10 (plus sales tax) exclusively at all Minneapolis/St. Paul, St. Cloud and Alexandria Wendy’s Fourcrown locations, the station said in a release.
The album includes an original song by 15 local country artists and bands, and all net proceeds from the project will be donated to the Minnesota Military Family Foundation and Tribute to the Troops.
The Minnesota Military Family Foundation provides grants to support families in need while loved ones are deployed.
The sampler will feature a collection of original songs from the following Minnesota artists.
- Rockie Lynne - All That I've Got Left
- Maiden Dixie - Not Gonna Settle
- Shane Martin Band - She's Got Me Right Where I Want Me
- Chris Hawkey - Million Lonely Souls
- Todd Hurst - Catch Up To You
- Sarah Morris - Lonely or Free
- Jenn Bostic - Just One Day
- Sterns County 17 - Don't Mind The Fall
- Shalo Lee - Hometown Girl
- Hell Country Truckers - A little Bit Colder
- Devon Worley Band - It Pours
- Mitch Gordon & The Unleaded Band = My Style
- The Jason Paulson Band - I'm On The Run
- Alisa Star - White Lightening
- The Last Ride - Boys Like Us”
Tribute to the Troops is an "organization of grateful Americans dedicated to preserving the memory of those men and women of our nation’s military who lost their lives while bravely protecting our freedom."
Here's a video showing some of the motorcycle rallies that go to the homes of military families.
BOB FM will promote the CD through the holidays, leading up to a concert featuring the local artists on Saturday, Jan. 24 at the Medina Entertainment Center.
The 2014 sampler is expected to be the first of what will become an annual fundraising effort for Minnesota military families.