Celebrations for Twin Cities Pride get underway on Friday, with thousands expected to join the loads of events planned over the weekend.
The showpiece Pride Parade through the streets of downtown Minneapolis is on Sunday, but there's a lot more going on – so we've rounded up some of the events.
– Twin Cities Pride festivities at Loring Park in Minneapolis start with The 5th Annual Beer Dabbler, held from 5:30-9:30 p.m.
– There will be three showings of "How Love Won: The Fight for Marriage Equality in Minnesota" at the St. Anthony Main Theater at 1 p.m., 5:10 p.m. and 7:20 p.m.
– It's "Pride Night" at CHS Field, with the first 1,000 Saints fans through the gates given a rainbow flag. There's also fireworks after. More details here.
Here's a full list of Pride events happening Friday.
– Our friends at Go 96.3 will be holding a "Go Proud" event at Coup D'etat in south Minneapolis starting at 4 p.m. in honor of the victims of the Orlando shootings, featuring live music from Step Rockets.
– Flip Phone is holding a Pride party in the First Avenue main room starting at 9 p.m. – details here.
– The Twin Cities Pride Festival at Loring Park gets underway at10 a.m. and will continue Sunday. A vendor map can be found here. The Pointer Sisters and Adore Delano will perform at the park at 6 p.m.
– The 2nd Annual Twin Cities Under the Rainbow Gay Pride Ball kicks off at the Metropolitan Community Church on Park Ave. S from 8 p.m. Details here.
A full list of Pride events for Saturday can be found here.
– The Rainbow 5k Run will be held on Boom Island starting at 9:30 a.m. You can register until 8 p.m. Saturday here.
– The 2016 Ashley Rukes GLBT Pride Parade down Hennepin Avenue starting at 3rd Street gets underway at 11 a.m. A full list of participants can be found here.
– A workshop service dedicated to "welcoming, affirming and celebrating the lives of LGBTQ people" will be held at the Saint Mark's Episcopal Cathedral in Minneapolis at 4 p.m.
A full list of Pride events for Sunday can be found here.