Fans of the popular animated show Rick and Morty won.
They petitioned McDonald's to bring back its Szechuan sauce after an episode was dedicated to the main character, Rick, trying to get his hands on the stuff (which hasn't been around since 1998, when Disney's Mulan was in theaters).
And now you can get the chance to try it too. McDonald's is bringing back the sauce for one day only, at a very limited number of locations.
There are only two Minnesota McDonald's locations that'll have it, and they're both in Minneapolis:
- 407 15th Ave. SE
- 2929 Hennepin Ave.
McDonald's is bringing back the sauce as it launches its new Buttermilk Crispy Tenders.
If you're not willing to travel for Szechuan sauce, you will have a chance to win screen-printed posters for the 10 sauces in McDonald's lineup (including the Szechuan sauce).
Those posters will be given away at the following Minnesota locations:
- Arden Hills (1313 County Road E. W.)
- Bemidji (1250 Paul Bunyan Drive N.)
- Duluth (2105 London Road)
- Mankato (1411 Madison Ave.)
- Minneapolis (407 15th Ave. SE; 2929 Hennepin Ave.; and 1440 Stinson Blvd.)
- Moorhead (220 8th St. S.)
- Northfield (1101 S. Highway 3 S.)
- St. Peter (120 Saint Julien St.)
- St. Cloud (2120 W. Division St.)
- Winona (905 E. Highway 61)
For a list of locations outside of Minnesota, click here.