Oh look, another opportunity to cash in on Prince's legacy!
The Minnesota Twins announced on Monday a new partnership with Bravado, Universal Music Group's merchandise and brand management arm, to sell Prince-branded merchandise at Target Field this coming season.
Prince's estate struck a deal with Bravado/Universal last month, making it the exclusive branding and licensing partner around the world for everything Prince.
One of its first deals will see the Twins build on the inaugural "Prince Night" it held at Target Field last season.
Prince Night will return to Target Field on June 8, with the first 10,000 fans claiming an inflatable purple Prince guitar.
Fans will be able to get their hands on Prince-themed merchandise from Opening Day, April 2, onward.
Among the items for sale will be Prince clothing, pins, patches and baseballs.
"All of us in the Twins organization were deeply saddened by the loss of the late Minneapolis icon Prince," said Twins President and CEO Dave St. Peter in a press release. "Along with our fans, we look forward to celebrating the legacy of a man who brought an international spotlight to our great city."
Other theme nights confirmed
The Twins on Tuesday confirmed the dates for the rest of its themed nights during the 2018 regular season.
Ones to look out for, with giveaways in parentheses.
- Minnesota Lynx Night (Lynx/Twins cap) – May 1.
- Minnesota United night (Twins/United scarf) – May 21.
- Star Wars Night (Joe Solo bobblehead) – May 22.
- Margaritaville Night (Twins Hawaiian shirt) – June 2.
- University of St. Thomas Night (Purple & gray Tommies/Twins cap) – June 20.
- Pride Night (Pride night cap) – July 9.
- Yoga Night (Twins yoga mat and yoga class at Target Field) – Sept. 5.
- Love Your Melon Night (beanie) - Sept. 27.