A Kimball man has been revealed as the winner of one of two $1 million New Year's Day lottery prizes in Minnesota.
The Minnesota Lottery announced that Bernard Kiffmeyer, 71, who lives in the Stearns County city, has stepped forward to claim his prize after the Jan. 1 Minnesota Millionaire Raffle produced the winning ticket number 055888.
Kiffmeyer bought the ticket at SFP Liquors at 24086 State Highway 15 in St. Cloud, which will receive a $5,000 winning ticket bonus as a result.
There were two winners drawn on New Year's Day, which has yet to be claimed. The Minnesota Lottery says it was sold at Leroy's Great Bear Tire & Auto at 9000 Lyndale Ave. S. in Bloomington.
There were also five $100,000 winning tickets in the draw, which were bought at the following stores:
- Center Mart LLC, 1801 Main St., Centerville
- Holiday #4064, 410 Tenth Ave. S.E., Milaca
- Holiday Stationstores LLC, 6210 109th Ave. N., Champlin
- Kwik Trip #153, 105 - 2nd St. S., Sartell
- Noble Parkway Mobil, 9500 Noble Parkway, Brooklyn Park
The Minnesota Lottery says its annual New Year's Day sold out in the fastest time yet, with tickets going on sale Oct. 20 and selling out Nov. 30.