Five farmers markets will be open this winter in Minneapolis, with most of them outdoors.
These winter markets will be held on weekends starting this month and run through late March into April, a news release says. At the markets, people will be able to find fresh foods, including meat and vegetables; gifts; Christmas trees and more.
Here's a look at each market that'll be open this winter in Minneapolis:
Mill City Farmers Market (website)
- Open-air outdoor shopping and indoor shopping inside the Mill City Museum at 750 S 2nd St. in Minneapolis
- Hours: 10 a.m.-noon on Nov. 14 and 21; Dec. 12; Jan. 9; Feb. 13; March 13 and 27; April 10 and 24
- The market will feature more than 30 farmers and markets selling a variety of items. Among them: seasonal decorations, including Christmas trees and wreaths; pies; holiday meal and baking stables, such as chickens, eggs, flour and vegetables; handmade gifts.
- Online pre-ordering and walk-up sales available.
Northeast Farmers Market (website)
- An outdoor market at 629 2nd St. NE in Minneapolis.
- Hours: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. the first Saturday of every month (Nov. 7, Dec. 5, Jan. 2, Feb. 6, March 6 and April 3).
- The market will feature more than 10 vendors selling a range of local foods and handmade products. Among them: pickled foods, syrups, root vegetables, microgreens, mushrooms and eggs, as well as Christmas trees and gift ideas.
Municipal Minneapolis Farmers Market (website)
- An open-air farmers market at 312 E Lyndale Ave. N in Minneapolis
- Hours: 9 a.m.-noon every Saturday and Sunday from Nov. 7-April 25
- The outdoor market will feature meats, eggs, cheese, syrup, sauces, salsas, root vegetables, Christmas trees, spruce top pots, wreaths, swags, garlands, dogwood branches, birch poles and more.
Neighborhood Roots Farmers Market (website)
- An outdoor market comprised of the Fulton, Kingfield and Nokomis Farmers Markets at 4901 Chowen Ave. in Minneapolis.
- Hours: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on select Saturdays, including Nov. 7 and 21; Dec. 5 and 19; Jan. 16; Feb. 20; March 20; April 17.
- The outdoor market will feature vegetables, meats, cheeses, honey, syrup and other foods, cooked foods prepared to go, artisan-made knit goods, apothecary, jewelry, knife sharpening and more.
Saint Paul Farmers’ Market at Bachman’s (website)
- An indoor farmers market at 6010 Lyndale Ave. S in Minneapolis.
- Hours: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on select Saturdays, including Nov. 14; Jan. 16 and 30; Feb. 13 and 27; March 13 and 27.
- The market will feature 20-24 vendors offering root vegetables, microgreens, meats, cheese, eggs, honey, baked goods, jams, jellies, syrups, salsa and other specialty foods.
Each winter market will also be participating in the Farmers Markets of Minneapolis Winter Clothing Drive in which shoppers can donate handmade or store-bought hats, gloves, mittens, scarves, boots, socks and coats for children and adults.