Even though the Minnesota State Fair isn't happening this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, fairgoers won't miss out on the gimmicky beers that have become a popular staple at the fair in the past decade.
The Minnesota State Fair announced Monday that some State Fair-exclusive beers will be available at Twin Cities breweries this summer. Here are the beers and where to find them:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Beer from Andy's Grill will be available at Big Wood Brewery, 2222 4th St., in White Beer Lake from Aug. 15-Sept. 7.
- Key Lime Pie beer from Cafe Caribe will be available at Lift Bridge Brewing Company, 1900 Tower Drive W, in Stillwater from Aug. 27-Sept. 7.
- Mini Donut Beer from the Ball Park Cafe will be available at Lift Bridge Brewing Company from Aug. 27-Sept. 7.
- Raspberry Hard Cider from Giggles' Campfire Grill will be available at Sociable Cider Werks, 1500 Fillmore St. NE, in Minneapolis from Aug. 1-Sept. 7.
- S'Mores Beer from Giggles' Campfire Grill will be available at Excelsior Brewing Company, 421 3rd St., in Excelsior from Aug. 8-Sept. 7.
- Sparkling Honey Hive from Giggle's Campfire Grill will be available at Socialable Cider Werks from Aug. 1-Sept. 7.
This is the latest taste of the State Fair for Minnesotans this summer. Not only is there a State Fair food parade drive-through at the fairgrounds, but there's a Blue Barn pop-up this summer and many State Fair food vendors are setting up shop around the state (find them here).