Twin Cities diners had a taste for Thai in 2018, if their orders from BiteSquad were anything to go by.
The Twin Cities-based food delivery company has revealed what its most delivered foods were last year, as well as the most popular restaurants.
In both cases the No. 1 spot was held by Coconut Thai, the Asian eatery located at 50th and France in Edina, which had three of the 10 most-delivered foods and was also named the most popular restaurant.
Other interesting things from BiteSquad? There was a 6,379 percent increase in the number of collard greens orders, suggesting a healthier move among Twin Cities diners, until you learn there was also a 1,869 percent rise in banana cream pie orders.
While it didn't crack the top 10 of the most-delivered foods in 2018, BiteSquad did note that one of the biggest rising orders last year was the Tennessee Hot Chicken Sandwich from Red Cow.
The following list was released on Dec. 26 but only just came to our attention (thanks, CityPages). Here's a look at the results.
Most-Delivered Foods in 2018
- Pad Thai from Coconut Thai (2nd year in a row)
- Naan from Darbar India Grill (2nd year in a row)
- Mac & Cheese from Revival
- Fresh Thai Spring Rolls from Coconut Thai
- Sweet Corn-Cornbread from Brasa Rotisserie
- Fried Cream Cheese Wontons from Coconut Thai
- Kingston Style Jerk Chicken from Pimento Jamaican Kitchen
- Cheddar Drop Biscuits from Revival
- One Love Special from Pimento Jamaican Kitchen
- Ultimate Burger from Red Cow
Bitesquad Favorite Restaurants in 2018
- Coconut Thai
- Red Cow
- Darbar India Grill
- French Meadow Bakery & Cafe