Cub Foods has announced that 11 more of its Minnesota stores will shift back to 24-hour opening in order to "aid social distancing efforts."
Cub reduced its hours when the coronavirus pandemic hit Minnesota, leaving only 13 of its stores in the state open 24/7.
But it's announced that 11 more will be added to that list to give people more time to shop, thus reducing crowding in stores.
It is also adding an additional 1,000 full-time and part-time workers to staff the extra hours.
Here's a look at the 11 stores that will return to 24-hour operation:
Starting Monday, Apr. 20:
• Apple Valley Cub, 15350 Cedar Ave, Apple Valley.
• Lyndale Cub, at 8421 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington.
• Plymouth Cub, at 4445 Nathan Ln N, Plymouth.
Starting 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Apr. 26:
• Bloomington Valley West Cub at 10520 France Ave S, Bloomington.
• Eden Prairie Cub at 8015 Den Rd, Eden Prairie.
• Knollwood Cub at 3620 Texas Ave S, St Louis Park.
• Quarry Cub at 1540 New Brighton Blvd, Minneapolis.
• West Saint Paul Cub at 2001 S Robert St, West St Paul.
• Woodbury Cub at 8432 Tamarack Village, Woodbury.
Starting 11:59 p.m. Sunday, May 3:
• Brooklyn Park North Cub at 9655 Colorado Ln N, Brooklyn Park.
• Silver Lake Road Cub at 3930 Silver Lake Rd NE, St Anthony.
Cub has also announced that the pharmacies at Cub's Maple Grove (8150 Wedgewood Lane N.) and Midway (1440 University Ave. W.) stores are now open 24 hours, while the pharmacy at Coon Rapids North has expanded its hours from 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
"Consumers expect grocery stores to be there for them and in times of a natural disaster, we’re the last to close and the first to open," said Cub CEO Mike Stigers.
"That’s a responsibility we take seriously and that’s why our work is essential now. CUB is here to serve our communities, and we’ll continue doing so as we have for over 50 years."
Cub announced last month that it is paying its hourly staff an extra $2 per hour during the pandemic, in recognition of the risk they're taking in continuing to work during the outbreak.
Anyone interested in applying for Cub's 1,000 newly available jobs can find out more by visiting www.cub.com/careers or visit a local store.