There's something different about the new Caribou Coffee shop set to open in Edina this month.
Actually, there's a lot that's different about the new location at 5000 Vernon Avenue, just off of Hwy. 100, which the popular Minnesota coffee chain says will be "unlike any other Caribou Coffee location in the world."
It'll be filled with new food and drink options that you won't find at your local Caribou, and an updated layout "designed with convenience and comfort in mind."
The most notable of the menu additions is the inclusion of another well-known Twin Cities brand: Izzy's Ice Cream.
The new Caribou – the company's 11th in Edina – will be selling a range of Izzy's products, including vanilla, chocolate and midnight graham crunch ice cream cups, and Izzy's ice cream sandwiches.
Izzy's will also be used for three drink options: Affogato (espresso over ice cream), Cold Press Shake, and the Nitro Cold Press Float.
Here's a look at some of the other new food and drink options:
– Lunch sandwiches: Turkey provolone, Caprese on focaccia, and the ham & Swiss croissant.
– Glazed donuts, fresh cookies and Einstein Bros. Bagels.
– Healthy grab-and-go options including oats, yogurt, and almond butter and chia parfaits.
– Fruit and veggie smoothies blended on site and made fresh.
– Infused cold press drinks in flavors of blackberry sea salt, cocoa orange and chocolate almond.
The grand opening will be held on Friday, Apr. 12, with customers able to get a free brewed coffee with any food purchase, and double perks points for Caribou Perks members.
"This store is unlike anything we’ve ever done,” says Jenifer Hagness, VP of Marketing and Product Innovation at Caribou Coffee.
"It’s an amazing new space created to offer convenience for guests on the go, but also perfectly-tailored with spaces to work from your laptop or settle in for coffee and a bite to eat with friends."