Mall of America shoppers will soon be able to peruse a much larger H&M store.
The Swedish clothing giant will open its new store at the Bloomington megamall this Thursday, taking up residence across two levels in the north wing.
It's a significant upgrade on its former home, with the new store's 40,000 square-foot space dwarfing its former 25,800 square-foot shopping area.
The store will offer expanded ranges for women and men, as well as carrying the H&M Kids collection for babies to 14 year olds.
It will also have a "shop within a shop" section for accessories.
Ahead of the launch at noon on Thursday, customers are being asked to line up for the chance to win a H&M Fashion Pass worth $500, while anyone who drops off old clothes to H&M's "garment collecting" service can enter to win gift cards ranging from $50-$500.
The new store will employ around 20 staff, the MOA said in a press release.
There are currently 11 H&M stores in Minnesota.
- Maplewood Mall (Maplewood)
- Woodbury Lakes Mall (Woodbury)
- Burnsville Center (Burnsville)
- Mall of America (Bloomington)
- Southdale Center (Edina)
- Calhoun Square (Minneapolis)
- Ridgedale Center (Minnetonka)
- The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes (Maple Grove)
- Crossroads Center (St. Cloud)
- River Hills Mall (Mankato)