It may only be a matter of months before fans of the arts can attend a Broadway play in Minnesota, which have been knocked from the entertainment options for nearly a year because of the COVID pandemic.
The Hennepin Theatre Trust on Thursday announced its tentative plans for reopening to the public in 2021 and 2022, with the first Broadway spectacle scheduled in July with the return of Hamilton.
- July 27-August 29, 2021: Hamilton
- September 7-19, 2021: Come From Away
- October 7-24, 2021: Disney's Frozen
- November 9-14, 2021: Oklahoma!
- December 7-19, 2021: Anastasia
- January 4-9, 2022: Jersey Boys
- January 25-30, 2022: Cats
- February 22-27, 2022: Pretty Woman: The Musical
- March 15-20, 2022: Hadestown
- April 12-17, 2022: The Prom
- May 18-June 5, 2022: Moulin Rouge! The Musical
- June 28-July 10, 2022: Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Time of the Temptations
The 2021-22 schedule includes performances that were originally postponed due to the pandemic-related shutdowns in Minnesota, including Anastasia, Come From Away and Disney's Frozen.
Hennepin Theatre Trust will continue to follow health and safety guidance once it does reopen to the public, and it's unclear what capacity limits, if any, will be in place once it draws back the curtain again.
You can buy tickets and a season subscription by visiting HennepinTheatreTrust.org, or by calling 1-800-859-7469.