The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train is due to travel through Minnesota over the next two weeks, making stops in the Twin Cities and all over greater Minnesota before finishing its trek through North Dakota and Canada.
The train arriving in Minnesota this week will make 25 stops between Dec. 5-14.
- Dec. 5: Rochester, Owatonna, Waseca, Janesville
- Dec. 6: Austin
- Dec. 8: La Crescent
- Dec. 9: Winona, Wabasha, Hastings
- Dec. 10: Cottage Grove, St. Paul (Union Depot)
- Dec. 11: Golden Valley, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis
- Dec. 12: Loretto, Annandale, Buffalo, Kimball
- Dec. 13: Glenwood, Alexandria, Detroit Lakes, Mahnomen, Plummer, Thief River Falls
- Dec. 14: Elbow Lake
Click here to see exactly where and when the train will stop in each city.
Each stop is free to attend but Canadian Pacific, as it has done for the past 20 years, is encouraging people to bring non-perishable food items and donate money to local food banks that will be on hand at each location.
The 14-car train features holiday lights and one train car that opens to a musical stage where a band will perform holiday songs during each stop.