Rosedale Center's POTLUCK food hall is going all in on SPAM for the next two months.
Five of the food hall's eight vendors created "unique SPAM menu features" that will be available from June 1 through July 31. These special dishes are:
- Betty & Earl’s: SPAM Biscuit – Cheddar-jalapeño biscuit with SPAM, caramelized pineapple, and a pineapple glaze ($5)
- Burger Dive: ‘Sota Bologna Sandwich – Griddled SPAM, caramelized onions, dijonaise, American cheese, and a fried pickle skewer ($11)
- Grand Ole Creamery: Sweet Little Piggy – Butter pecan ice cream with crunchy, caramelized SPAM bits and praline pecans (price varies); and the SPAM-Tastic Pizza – Hawaiian-style pizza with red sauce, mozzarella cheese, pineapple and SPAM ($5/slice, $20/pie)
- Nordic Waffles: Spam Brunch'er – Garlic aioli, mixed greens, SPAM, bacon, and a fresh cracked egg on a Nordic Waffle ($8.49)
- Smack Shack: SPAM Corn Dogs – Served with fancy sauce ($8 for 4)
Why the SPAM? Well National Canned Luncheon Meat Day is July 5, apparently, but the food hall's operator "didn’t want to wait to kick-off their celebration." So the special menu items start now.
POTLUCK opened in Roseville's Rosedale Mall in November of 2019. The idea is to highlight a rotating collection of local restaurants and food producers. The vendors offer takeout and pick-up, but POTLUCK is open for in-person dining as well.