Five famous Twin Cities media personalities will come together in a studio Friday morning to make a little bit of local radio history.
For the first time in its history, the long-running "Initials Game" quiz on KFAN's Power Trip Morning Show will feature an all-female group of contestants
You'll no doubt be familiar with many, if not all of them.
- Amelia Santaniello - WCCO-TV
- Jana Shortal - KARE 11
- Marney Gellner - Fox Sports North
- Alicia Lewis - KARE 11
- Carly Zucker - KFAN
The five compete for ratings one way or another, so it's a relatively rare coming together to play what's become a very popular weekly game on the sports station.
"The Initials Game" features clues to a series of answers with the same two initials, with host Cory Cove reading out the clues and contestants able to jump in at any time to answer.
The "Initials Game" usually feature Power Trip regulars like Paul "Meatsauce" Lambert, Chris Hawkey, Mark Parrish, Ben Leber, AJ Mansour, and Mark Rosen as contestants.
Four of the contestants, with the exception of Santaniello, have appeared on the Initials Game before. Here's how they've fared.
If you're unfamiliar with the contestants, here are some brief bios.
– Santaniello is a long-time news anchor at WCCO-TV. She's anchors weekday evening and nightly news alongside husband, Frank Vascellaro.
– Gellner is a long-time reporter at Fox Sports North, in addition to being the play-by-play voice of the Minnesota Lynx. She's also filled in on lead vocals during Timberwolves and Twins games.
– Lewis is an Emmy-winning anchor/reporter for KARE 11's "Sunrise" morning show.
– Zucker hosts "Overtime with Carly Zucker" on KFAN and has also been a TV host with the Timberwolves, CBS Sports and FSN. Her husband is Jason Zucker of the Minnesota Wild.
You'll be able to listen to them compete at 100.3FM KFAN on Friday, with the quiz generally starting around 8:15 a.m.