Minneapolis movie theater won't reopen June 5 as previously announced

It will remain in compliance with the governor's order.
Author:
Publish date:

St. Anthony Main Theatre in Minneapolis says now it won't be opening its doors on June 5 like it previously said it would

On Tuesday, the theater said it would open with additional measures to keep employees and movie-goers safe. But after Gov. Tim Walz announced on Wednesday the phased-in plan to reopen businesses, the theater made the decision not to reopen quite yet, it wrote on Facebook

"We will remain compliant with the order to remain closed until Phase IV of the governor's plan is ready to launch," the post said. "As eager as we are to get back to showing movies, public health takes priority."

Movie theaters have been closed since mid-March, when Walz issued a ban on various entertainment businesses as part of the state's initial response to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

A date for when they can reopen was not announced with the phased-in reopening plan. 

Next Up

Related