Another week has passed and another study has been released showcasing Minnesota at the very top of a best-of-the-best list.
What now? Underrated cities.
According to Ranker, Minneapolis is the most underrated city in the country, with St. Paul not far behind as the 13th-most underrated city in the land.
Ranker allows users to vote to create the results, and Minneapolis at the top is based on more than 43,000 votes. The methodology isn't complex, only including "cities that are well-loved and are not obvious tourist destinations or big cities."
We're not sure how Minneapolis or St. Paul don't qualify as "big cities," but whatever – we're No. 1 again and that's all that counts.
Let's see, things that we're ranked highly in are:
- Best metro areas for startup companies.
- MN is super literate, like one of the goodest at reading and writing.
- Life expectancy because we're, like, good at living for a long time. #KnockOnWood
- Twin Cities has the least aggressive drivers (clearly a lie).
- We're the most charitable state in the country.
- Minnesotans are really good at drinking alcohol.
- Best state in the country to raise a family.
- Best, most accessible parks in the country.
The only thing we're missing now is a list of states or cities with the best hotdishes, of which we know exactly where Minnesota will rank.