Minnesota heroes are among the three final acts announced for this year's State Fair Grandstand series.
Fresh off of two sold-out performances at the Palace Theatre in St. Paul following a 2-year hiatus, Duluth bluegrass band Trampled by Turtles will play the Grandstand on Saturday, Aug. 25 for The Current's Music-on-a-Stick show.
And they'll be followed by Minnesota's favorite arena rock cover band Hairball, which will play to a raucous crowd the following Saturday, Sept. 1.
In between that, on Wednesday, Aug. 29, Old Dominion will take to the stage.
The Tennessee band just took home the award for Vocal Group of the Year at last month's American Country Music Awards.
Tickets for all three shows go on sale this Friday, beginning with Old Dominion ($25-$48) at 10 a.m., Hairball ($15) at 11 a.m. and then tickets for Trampled by Turtles ($35) go on sale at noon.
You can purchase tickets at etix.com, by calling 800-514-3849 or at the State Fairgrounds Ticket Office from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Friday only).
Here's the full State Fair grandstand lineup.
- Thursday, Aug. 23: Niall Horan, Maren Morris
- Friday, Aug. 24: Sugarland, Frankie Ballard, Lindsay Ell
- Saturday, Aug. 25: Trampled by Turtles, Lord Huron, Lissie
- Sunday, Aug. 26: Earth, Wind & Fire
- Monday, Aug. 27: The Beach Boys, The Righteous Brothers
- Tuesday, Aug. 28: Jason Mraz, Brett Dennen
- Wednesday, Aug. 29: Old Dominion, Morgan Evans
- Thursday, Aug. 30: Impractical Jokers
- Friday, Aug. 31: The Offspring, 311, Gym Class Heroes
- Saturday, Sep. 1: Hairball
- Sunday, Sep. 2: Annual State Fair talent contest
- Monday, Sep. 3: Boy George & Culture Club, The B-52s
Trampled by Turtles formed in Duluth in 2003 and are back on tour after releasing their latest album, Life Is Good On The Open Road, in March.
Hairball is well known throughout Minnesota, traveling from town-to-town nailing classic hits from the likes of Aerosmith, Queen and Journey.
Old Dominion meanwhile was just in Minnesota over the weekend with Kenny Chesney at U.S. Bank Stadium.