The Minnesota State Fair 2019 is fast-approaching and organizers have released this year's list of money-saving options.
The fair starts 2 weeks from today, opening its doors in St. Paul on Thursday, Aug. 22, but to start saving money you should be acting now.
That's because until 9 p.m. on Aug. 21, you can get a $3 discount on your adult admission ticket and $1 on senior or children's tickets by pre-booking either at mnstatefair.org, by visiting the State Fair ticket booth, or by getting it at participating Cub Foods locations.
You can also pick up the Blue Ribbon Bargain Book and discount tickets to the Mighty Midway and Kidway, getting $25-worth of rides for $15.
Special Deal Days
Want more admission discounts? Here are when the special deal days are running.
– Thifty Thursday on Aug. 22: All admission is $13 for adults (aged 13-64), and $10 for seniors and kids (5-12) when bought at the gate.
– Seniors & Kids Day on Mon, Aug. 26: Kids and seniors can enter for $10 at the gate.
– Military Appreciation Day on Tues, Aug. 27: Active military, retired and veteran military and their spouses get $10 admission with documentation of their service.
– Red & Ride Day on Weds, Aug. 28: Present a valid public library card at the gate and get adult tickets for $13, and senior/kids tickets for $10, with one discount per card.
– Seniors Day on Thurs, Aug. 29: Seniors can enter for $10 at the gate.
– Kids & Last Chance Day on Labor Day, Sept. 2: Children are admitted for $10 at the gate.
You should also check out the daily "Deals, Drawings and Giveaways" guide on each of these days, as it will contain more special offers.
Midway and Kidway specials
You can find special discounts on rides at the Mighty Midway and Kidway every weekday, with all-day specials also running on the Thursday, Aug. 22, Monday, Aug. 26, Wednesday, Aug. 28, and Labor Day.
Early Bird specials are available till 1 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 23, Tuesday, Aug. 27, Thursday, Aug. 29, and Friday, Aug. 30.
Blue Ribbon Bargain Book, Deals Guide
You should know what this is about. It gives you 150 coupons with up to 30 percent discounts. It costs $5 and it's worth it in most circumstances, as we've explained before.
You can pick them up at the State Fair ticket office, Cub locations, at Visitor Information booths around the fairgrounds.
Same goes with the Deals, Drawings & Giveaways guide, which provides a daily list of the special deals, freebies and $1 or less items you can find around the fair.
You can find the latest Minnesota State Fair 2019 stories from BMTN in our Flipboard magazine.