Ever had an embarrassing confession about Minnesota that you're ashamed to admit?
You're not alone, except for the whole "ashamed to admit" part, as Minnesotans far and wide are contributing to a Twitter thread asking for their unpopular opinions about the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
The free-for-all was started off Friday morning by Twitter user Kevin Gallatin, a member of Highland District Council, who challenged followers to "Destroy your Minnesota credibility in one tweet."
The tweet garnered more than 400 responses as of noon on Friday, as Minnesotans came out of the woodwork to confess their Minnesota sins.
Here's a flavor of some of them:
– "I believe that Minnesota is a basketball state."
– "I don't know how to ski or ice skate..."
– "There IS such a thing as bad weather."
– "It's duck duck GOOSE."
– "Rather take a horse-whipping than go to the State Fair."
– "A regular cheeseburger is significantly better than a juicy lucy."
– "I call Minneapolis 'Minny,' and am proud of it." (from The Athletic's Michael Russo).
– "Walleye is bland."
– "Lefse is terrible."
– "I don't like the Mighty Ducks movies."
– "I only enjoy some of Prince's music. And I'd be happy not hearing 'Purple Rain' ever again."
So there we have it. It's all out in the open now.