A new meteorologist has joined the KARE 11 news team, and he arrives in the Twin Cities by way of the Bayou.
Jason Disharoon interviewed for the job in February when the Polar Vortex was visiting Minnesota, he said on Facebook Live, and that -20F temperature was the coldest he's ever experienced. That's not surprising when you learn that Disharoon is an Atlanta native who most recently worked at WGNO (ABC 26) in New Orleans, where the temperature never dropped below freezing in 2018.
Disharoon will be the weekend meteorologist for KARE 11, providing weather forecasts Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
KARE introduced Disharoon in a pretty funny rapid-fire question segment.
So what'd we learn about Disharoon?
- His favorite NFL team is the New Orleans Saints (not cool).
- He likes corn dogs more than pronto pups.
- He refers to pop (soda) as Coke.
- He doesn't know what "uff da" means.
- He doesn't know what hotdish is.
- He prefers dogs over cats.
- He can correctly pronounce Wayzata.
Disharoon taking the weekend position means meteorologist Laura Betker's role is changing. She announced during a Facebook Live segment that she'll be the weather anchor during 11 a.m. newscasts and producing for fellow meteorologist Belinda Jensen.
Here's a longer, Facebook Live introduction of Disharoon.