The Nickelodeon Universe theme park at the Mall of America will reopen next week after almost five months of closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Mall of America announced the indoor attraction will reopen with "significant changes" on Monday, Aug. 10.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions imposed by the state, the theme park will only allow 250 people into the seven-acre park at a time, with guests buying 2-hour tickets and visitors funneled in through a single entry point.
What's more, it's also available for group buyouts, with businesses or parties able to rent the theme park for 250 people for three hours before or after opening hours.
Tickets will cost $19.99 plus tax for riders and $4.99 for non-riders and can only be bought at the mall itself.
"Capacity is anticipated to be reached early in the day, therefore guests who arrive when the park is at capacity will have the opportunity to join a virtual queue and be notified when they are able to enter Nickelodeon Universe to begin their two-hour unlimited park experience," the mall says.
Other rules and changes to expect:
- Guests aged 3 and up will have to wear face masks at all times except when eating and drinking – and this includes while on rides. Kids aged 2 and below and those with medical exemptions won't need to.
- Guests must sanitize their hands before going on each ride, with sanitizing stations put at the entrance of each ride.
- Staff will assign seats on every ride to maintain distance.
- There will be social distancing markers in lines for each ride.
- Attractions will be sanitized after each use.
Several rides won't be open due to the inability to social distance. Here are the ones that will be open.
"Reopening Nickelodeon Universe – even with significantly reduced capacity – is a positive step forward,” said Jill Renslow, EVP of Business Development and Marketing for Mall of America.
"This is a process, and we will continue to learn, evaluate, and if needed, enhance, this new Nickelodeon Universe experience in the coming weeks and months. We are confident in the health and safety protocols we have in place and look forward to welcoming back guests of all ages to Nickelodeon Universe."
The theme park will be open 11 a.m, to 7 p.m. daily.
The Mall of America reopened to the public after Stay at Home restrictions were loosened on June 10.