Simone Biles, one of the most-decorated gymnasts in U.S. history, will headline a Target Center show described by organizers as a " high-energy, gymnastics-meets-pop-concert spectacular."
The Athleta Presents Gold Over America Tour will be in Minneapolis Oct. 13, 2021. The show will features Biles and a team of female gymnastics champions, each getting the chance to perform segments from their famous routines.
Each performance will be mixed with videos (including highlights and personal videos), social media interactions, spoken word, and a crew of dancers - all with LED video screens and lights.
"The show emerges from their personal values of empowerment, friendship, positive body image, mental health awareness, and self-confidence," the news release announcing the show says.
Biles, a five-time Olympic medalist with 19 World Championship gold medals, will be joined by:
- Laurie Hernandez - 2016 Gold and Silver medalist in Rio and Dancing With The Stars champion.
- Katelyn Ohashi - All-American, NCAA National Champion and "viral video sensation."
- Morgan Hurd - Winner of three gold medals in 2019 and 2020 at the Tokyo World Cup.
- Peng-Peng Lee - 2018 NCAA National Champion from UCLA, where she achieved 10 perfect 10s.
- Danusia Francis - Jamaican qualifier for the 2021 Tokyo games.
- Jordan Chiles - Eight-time U.S. National team member.
Organizers say more gymnasts will be announced as participants in the months ahead.
“I love the sport of gymnastics and want to help create a show that captures the pure joy of performing,” said Biles in the announcement.
Tickets will go on sale Friday, June 11 at TargetCenter.com. The Minneapolis stop is among 35 on the tour, which begins Sept. 21, 2021, in Tucson.