Some big names from the science fiction and superhero world will be in Minneapolis this November for GalaxyCon 2019.
The three-day event at the Minneapolis Convention Center from Nov. 8-10 will feature a myriad of celebrities from the world of comics, superheroes, sci-fi, cartoons, wrestling, anime and video games.
Among the celebrities announced so far? How about William Shatner, "Star Trek's" Captain Kirk himself.
Looking for a more recent superhero? That'd be Dave Bautista, the former WWE wrestler who has become a big Hollywood star thanks to his turn as "Drax" in "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "The Avengers: Infinity War."
If you're looking for more Hollywood bona fides, John Cusack – he of "Con Air," "High Fidelity," and the very underrated "Grosse Pointe Blank" and "Hot Tub Time Machine," will also be in town.
Other big names include Mike Colter, who plays "Luke Cage" in the Netflix series of the same name, as well as in "Jessica Jones" and "The Defenders;" and Nick Frost, who made his name alongside buddy Simon Pegg in "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz."
Other celebrity appearances include:
- Jason Mewes – of "Mallrats," "Clerks," and "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."
- John Wesley Shipp – comic book fans will know him as TV's "The Flash" from the early '90s, we know him as Mitch Leery from "Dawson's Creek" in the late '90s.
- Chris Sarandon – best known as Prince Humperdinck in "The Princess Bride."
- Rachael Leigh Cook – She made her name on "She's All That," as well as also appearing in "Josie And The Pussycats."
- Amy Jo Johnson – better known as Kimberly Hart from "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers."
- Sean Gunn – Also from "Guardians of the Galaxy" as well as "Gilmore Girls."
You can find a full list of celebrities, writers, animators, voice artists and wrestlers booked for the event here.
A three-day full weekend pass for the event costs $60, while a two-day pass will cost you $50. Tickets for Friday alone are $20, with Saturday setting you back $35, and Sunday $30.
Paying $250 will get you a VIP ticket that includes access to a V.I.P. cocktail event on Friday, Nov. 8, and fast-track access for autographs and photo ops.