Looking for a night outdoors without giving up the big screen? It's a strange question, but here's an option if you're looking for an answer:
Movies at Target Field Station in Minneapolis.
The big screen outside the Twins' ballpark will show five movies on varying Monday nights (7-9 p.m.) in June and July. These movies are free to the public and all you have to do is show up, sit down – it's a good idea to bring a blanket or chairs – and enjoy the flick.
- June 10: "Angels in the Outfield"
- June 24: Movie to be determined
- July 8: "Mary Poppins Returns"
- July 15: "Spaceballs"
- July 29: "Moana"
The movies are put on by Hennepin County. Separate from the movies, there are also trivia and fitness nights at Target Field Station on varying Thursdays during the summer.
- June 6: Trivia 7-8 p.m.
- June 20: Trivia 7-8 p.m.
- July 11: Trivia 7-8 p.m.
- July 25: Trivia 7-8 p.m.
- August 1: Outdoor fitness 5-6 p.m.
- August 15: Outdoor fitness 5-6 p.m.
- August 22: Outdoor fitness 5-6 p.m.
- August 29: Outdoor fitness 5-6 p.m.
And at the Hennepin County Government Center South Plaza (300 N. 6th St.) there will be a weekly farmers market, yard games and piano music.
- Farmers market 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., Tuesdays through Oct. 29.
- Yard games 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Wednesdays June 5 through Aug. 28.
- Piano music 12-1 p.m. , Thursdays June 6 through Aug. 29.