Sun Country has announced a flash sale of deals on flights out of the Twin Cities that are available until the end of Thursday.
The 48-hour sale includes deals for Sun Country routes out of several U.S. airports, including deals on 14 destinations from MSP Airport.
Nine of these are cities in the contiguous United States, with Sun Country offering one-way trips starting between $49 and $99 for travel between Nov. 30 and Dec. 17 (the exception being Tuscon).
The deals include:
- Boston, MA – starting at $49 one-way, $98 round-trip.
- Fort Myers FLA – starting at $59 one-way, $118 round-trip.
- Phoenix, AZ – $69 one-way, $138 round-trip.
- New Orleans, LA – $79 one-way, $158 round-trip.
- Harlingen, TX – $89 one-way, $178 round-trip.
- Tucson, AZ – $89 one-way, $178 round-trip (dates Jan. 6–Feb. 25)
- Palm Springs, CA – $99 one-way, $198 round-trip.
- San Diego, CA – $99 one-way, $198 round-trip.
- San Francisco, CA – $99 one-way, $198 round-trip.
The prices will vary depending on what dates you book within the Nov. 30-Dec. 17 period – for example weekend trips are likely to cost you more.
You should also be aware that the deals don't include the cost of baggage fees, with Sun Country charging $20-$25 for checked bags and $30-$35 for carry-on bags each way.
Sun Country is also offering deals on trips outside the continent, including the following:
- Honolulu, HI – $199 one-way, $398 round-trip between Jan. 6 and Feb. 24.
- Aruba – $219 one-way, $438 round-trip between Feb. 12 and Apr. 20.
- Liberia, Costa Rica – $239 one-way, $478 round-trip between Jan. 9 and Apr. 20.
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – $249 one-way, $498 round-trip between Jan. 9 and Apr. 20.
- St. Kitts & Nevis – $299 one-way, $598 round-trip between Jan. 12 and Apr. 20.
Sun Country is fighting to restore its reputation with Twin Cities travelers following its takeover by a New York-based private equity firm, and subsequent PR disasters such as last April, when it left Twin Cities residents stranded in Mexico after heavy snow closed MSP Airport.