Amazon's second biggest selling day of the year – after Cyber Monday – gets underway in earnest at 2 p.m. Central, when "Prime Day" deals kick into gear.
The annual sale for Prime members will see price cuts on millions of products, some up to 50 percent off.
Timing is key for anyone thinking of making a purchase – not all items go up for sale at the same time, some promotions will end after selling out, while others will only be available between certain hours.
While not all the deals have been announced yet, Bring Me The News has sifted through those that have been confirmed to pick out some of the best bargains.
Any Amazon electronics
Let's face it, Amazon mainly uses "Prime Day" to hawk its own electronics, from which have higher profit margins and opens up users to a whole new world of Amazon-linked services.
It's not surprising therefore that there are giant discounts on devices such as the Amazon Fire TV, the Echo and the Kindle.
Here are a few of the deals:
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa voice remote – $19.99 ($20 off).
- Toshiba 50-inch 4K Ultra HD Fire TV – $289.99 ($110 off).
- Amazon Echo Look – $99.99 ($100 off).
- Amazon Cloud Cam – $59.99 ($60 off).
- Fire HD8 Tablet with Alexa – $49.99 ($30 off).
- Amazon Echo (second generation) – $69.99 ($30 off).
While Amazon is pushing its own devices hard, CNET notes that a couple of decent cellphone deals have already been announced, with more electronic device deals rolled out once Prime Day starts at 2 p.m.
- Motorola G6 smartphone 64GB – $259.99 ($100 off).
- Honor View 10 smartphone – $399 ($100 off).
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro – $500 ($85 off).
- LG V35 ThinQ – $599.99 ($300 off).
Other than the Toshiba Fire TV mentioned above, Amazon hasn't revealed the brand names of its for-sale TVs yet, but it does say it'll be offering "premium brand" 49, 55 and 65 inch 4K Smart TVs for prices ranging from $438 to $649.
Other electronics deals you can expect include:
- Up to 30 percent off Bose Soundlink Micro Bluetooth speakers.
- Up to 40 percent off select micro SD cards and USBs.
- Savings of up to 35 percent on PC gaming laptops and desktops.
- Up to 35 percent off monitors, laptops and routers.
- 50 percent off Sony WH-CH700N wires noise canceling headphones, now priced at $98.
- $400 off a Jibo Robot – which usually retails at $899.
- Up to 40 percent off certain Smart Home products
- Microsoft Xbox One S 1TB Starter Bundle + Rare Replay – $229.99 (25 percent off).
While specific products haven't been listed, Amazon is promising the following price cuts once 2 p.m. arrives.
- Up to 50 percent on athleisure shoes for men and women, including Adidas, New Balance and Puma.
- Up to 50 percent off activewear including Lacoste, Russell, Puma and Champion.
- Up to 40 percent off kids denim from Levi's and The Children's Place.
- Up to 40 percent on men's and women's jeans from Hudson, NYDJ and Lucky.
Toys & baby
- Up to 40 percent off outdoor toys, including Nerf, Green Toys and Radio Flyer products.
- Up to 40 percent off indoor toys, puzzles and games from brands including Play-Doh, Ravensburger and Crayola.
- Half off select children's books.
- Up to 30 percent off select Fisher Price baby toys.