It's the most wonderful time of the year, but it's also the busiest for anyone heading to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport later this week.
In the four days before Christmas Eve and the five days after Christmas Day, more than 40,000 passengers are projected to pass through MSP's security checkpoints.
As such, the Metropolitans Airports Commission has issued its customary advice to travelers making a trip in the run-up and in the wake of Christmas Day.
Here are some of the key points to bear in mind:
– Flying domestic? Get there two hours before departure. International? Give yourself three hours.
– If there's snow on the way, check your flight's status with your airline before traveling to the airport. Here's the latest from BMTN on whether there will be snow next week.
– If you usually drop off passengers at the ticketing level, do the opposite during peak times and drop them at baggage claim. If you're picking up, do it at the ticketing level.
– Don't wrap your gifts before you leave, in case a TSA agent requires you to unwrap them at security.
– As you near the terminal in your vehicle, consider using the left lane instead of sticking in the right, that way you can move further down the curb to drop off and pick up.
– Ensure a speedy security process by following these carry-on baggage tips.