The new season of The Bachelorette got off to a drama-filled start with episode one airing Monday night on ABC, and Prior Lake, Minnesota native Rebecca Kufrin met 28 bachelors trying to win her love.
Now is the time for you to jump out of the story if you don't want any spoilers.
Becca, as she's better known, sent home six guys during the first rose ceremony, but one of the contestants didn't even make it that far.
Jake, a 29-year-old marketing consultant and adventure-seeker from Minneapolis, was dropped by Becca just hours into his first night at the mansion.
Becca and Jake were acquaintances before meeting on the show, and Becca didn't want to waste his time so she sent him packing.
Jake didn't take his dismissal very well, claiming that if he and Becca were to meet randomly at a bar in Minneapolis things would've been different. Then he stared into the camera and claimed he's one of the "most romantic (expletive) people there is."
Ladies, Jake writes poetry and is still out there.
BMTN's top 10 bachelors for Becca
1. Garret, 29, Nevada: he won the First Impression rose from Becca after he showed up to the mansion in a minivan
2. Colton Underwood, 26, Colorado: a former NFL player for the Colts, Eagles and Raiders who also dated Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman. He runs a nonprofit that raises money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, plus he's high on our list because he has an old dog.
3. Blake, 28, Colorado: the sales rep first met Becca on The Final Rose episode shortly after Becca was dumped by Arie Luyendyk Jr., and he arrived at the mansion riding on ox. Becca seemed to like him, plus he had a head so square you can eat your dinner off of it.
4. Clay Harbor, 30, Illinois: a current NFL player who's looking for a team that needs a tight end. He was a fourth-round draft pick by the Eagles in 2010, and he's hoping to defeat the football player stereotype. He also used a bunch of football puns on Becca, which wins in our book.
5. David, 25, Colorado: this is the guy who showed up in the chicken costume. He's a venture capitalist in real life, and Becca enjoyed his light-hearted approach.
6. Lincoln, 26, California: originally from Haiti, he moved to Boston as a kid and now lives in Santa Monica as an account sales executive. He's got some muscle and seems genuine. Bringing her a piece of cake was a good first impression, too.
7. Jean Blanc, 31, Florida: a self-proclaimed colognoisseur, he literally owns small vials of $1,000 cologne. He believes Becca needs a man that smells good.
8. Jordan, 26, Florida: he's a male model and was arguably the star of episode one despite never getting one-on-one time with Becca. Jordan claims his "power is in the brow." He also claims being tanned and in the gym year round is "taxing" and he compared the tapping of his shoes to the "heartbeat of a gentleman."
9. John, 28, California: this guy claimed to create Venmo, the popular money-exchanging app. He also plays guitar and makes banana bread.
10. Christon, 31, California: he's a former Harlem Globetrotter and he showed off his skills by jumping over Becca for a dunk. He's now a professional dunker (apparently there is such a thing) in Los Angeles.
"28 guys came on this journey with me from all across the country and laid their hearts on the line for a chance at love," Becca said on Instagram Monday night. "There are many different personalities, interests and perspectives, but every man deserves to feel the same support and openness that I’ve received over the past few months.
"It’s not an easy thing to do, to give up your life and put everything on display, especially in this social climate. But these men were brave enough to do that with me, and that’s something truly special."
The Bachelorette airs Mondays at 7 p.m. on ABC.