Independence Day has arrived and that means many stores will be completely closed or open with limited hours. Here's the roundup.
Big box retailers and convenience stores
As always, it doesn't hurt to double check hours for your specific store before hopping in the car or on your bike.
- Target: open until 10 p.m., though Minneapolis store hours vary
- Walmart: open until 11 p.m.
- Best Buy: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Walgreen's: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (pharmacies may be closed)
- CVS: Hours vary by store, but most are open until 10 p.m.
- Cub Foods — Cub Foods usually remain open as usual on July 4
- Aldi — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for most stores, but double check here
- Lunds & Byerlys — Normal hours at all stores, 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Kowalskis — Locations will close early, at 8 p.m.
- Hy-Vee — 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Whole Foods — Closing at 9 p.m.
- Sam's Club — Closing at 6 p.m.
- Costco — Closed July 4
- Trader Joe's — Stores close at 5 p.m.
Malls and shopping
The hours listed below are for Sunday, July 4. Keep in mind stores within each mall can set their own hours.
- Mall of America: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Rosedale Center: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Southdale Center: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Ridgedale Center: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Eden Prairie Center: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets (Eagan): 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Burnsville Center: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Maplewood Mall: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Mail and packages
Expect most banks to be closed in observance of the holiday.
Minneapolis/St. Paul parking meters
"Other metered parking restrictions in Minneapolis may be in effect and subject to enforcement, including Park Board, University of Minnesota and private organizations that operate their own meters. Always read the information posted on the meter to be certain."