If you're looking for the most well-regarded restaurants among Twin Cities diners, look no further.
The reservation and review site OpenTable has a ranking of the 10 best restaurants in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, which it compiles by sorting through verified user reviews.
And helpfully, OpenTable updates this list every month based on the latest feedback. This means you can always get a snapshot of which eateries are in favor.
Interestingly, the top 10 isn't full of the usual suspects, instead offering a nice variety of options – even though a couple ... can't really be classed as being in the Twin Cities "area."
Here are the top 10 "best overall restaurants" according to OpenTable, as of March 15:
- Dan's Bar and Grill — New Trier (Burgers ... albeit a bit of a drive from the Twin Cities)
- Rincon 38 — Minneapolis (Spanish)
- Unleashed Hounds & Hops — Downtown Minneapolis (American)
- Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge — Downtown Minneapolis (American)
- Porterhouse Steak and Seafood — Lakeville (Steak)
- Boca Chica Restaurant — St. Paul (Mexican)
- Italian Eatery — Minneapolis (Italian)
- Bleu Duck Kitchen — Rochester (American ... again, with the driving)
- Buona Sera — Champlin (Italian)
- Lake Elmo Inn — Lake Elmo (Continental)