Hy-Vee has expanded its free COVID-19 testing to include 24 stores in Minnesota.
The free tests are available at Hy-Vee's pharmacy drive-thru, and people do not need to have symptoms to get a test, a news release says. Hy-Vee has also expanded testing to allow children 3 and older to get a test, so long as they're with a parent or guardian.
The testing locations (see a list below) will be open on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings, with hours varying by location (check them here). Anyone interested in getting a test needs to register online for a test voucher number, testing location and appointment time (you can do that here).
When it's time for your test, just go to the pharmacy drive-thru with your voucher number (it can be on your phone or printed) and you'll be given a test kit and instructions on how to self-administer the test, Hy-Vee says. A pharmacist will supervise you as you administer the test, and then you'll drop it off in a collection bin.
The process takes about five minutes, with results coming via email in 3-5 business days, the release says.
Texas-based eTrueNorth is coordinating the drive-thru testing, with completed test kits being shipped out to a lab, Hy-Vee said. eTrueNorth is behind many of the drive-thru testing locations across the country, STAT reported. According to eTrueNorth's website, it is also running testing at a few other Minnesota pharmacies, including Coborn's.
Hy-Vee's pharmacies can test up to 12 patients per hour, the release notes.
The Minnesota stores where you can get COVID-19 tests:
- Albert Lea Hy-Vee, 2708 Bridge Ave., Albert Lea
- Austin Hy-Vee, 1001 18th Ave. NW, Austin
- Brooklyn Park Hy-Vee, 9409 Zane Ave. N., Brooklyn Park
- Cottage Grove Hy-Vee, 7280 E. Point Douglas Road S., Cottage Grove
- Eagan Hy-Vee, 1500 Central Park Commons Drive, Eagan
- Faribault Hy-Vee, 1920 Grant St. NW, Faribault
- Fairmont Hy-Vee, 907 S. State St., Fairmont
- Kasson Hy-Vee HealthMarket Rx, 408 W. Main St., Kasson
- Hilltop Hy-Vee, 2010 Adams St., Mankato
- Lakeville Hy-Vee, 16150 Pilot Knob Road, Lakeville
- Maple Grove, 18755 70th Way N., Maple Grove
- Marshall Hy-Vee, 900 E. Main St., Marshall
- New Hope Hy-Vee, 8200 42nd Ave. N., New Hope
- New Ulm Hy-Vee, 2015 S. Broadway, New Ulm
- Oakdale Hy-Vee, 7180 10th St. N., Oakdale
- Owatonna Hy-Vee, 1620 S. Cedar Ave., Owatonna
- Robbinsdale Hy-Vee, 3505 Bottineau Blvd., Robbinsdale
- Crossroads Hy-Vee, 500 Crossroads Drive SW, Rochester
- West Circle Hy-Vee, 4221 W. Circle Drive NW, Rochester
- Savage Hy-Vee, 6150 Egan Drive, Savage
- Shakopee Hy-Vee, 1451 Adams St. S., Shakopee
- St. Peter Hy-Vee, 1002 Old Minnesota Ave., St. Peter
- Winona Hy-Vee, 1475 Service Drive, Winona
- Worthington Hy-Vee, 1235 Oxford St., Worthington
Hy-Vee first began offering COVID-19 testing in August at 11 Hy-Vee locations in the Midwest, including two in Minnesota (Maple Grove and Rochester). With Wednesday's announcement, testing will be available at more than 150 locations in the eight states it serves.