Whatever your political leanings, you can never accuse Amy Klobuchar of being underprepared, and she's showing the rest of America this on Tuesday morning.
The Minnesota senator has released a list of things she would do within her first 100 days should she be elected president in 2020.
She has a lot of plans, 136 of them to be precise, with Klobuchar saying she would use executive action to "immediately deliver on her ambitious, optimistic agenda that will build a safer world, a stronger democracy, and a fairer economy while taking much-needed action on health care, climate change, and immigration."
"After four years of Donald Trump, a new President can’t wait for a bunch of congressional hearings to act," said Sen. Klobuchar.
"The urgent problems our country is facing require immediate action. That’s why in my first 100 days as President I will enact an ambitious, optimistic agenda to improve our health care, combat climate change, pursue economic justice and shared prosperity, and build a stronger democracy and safer world."
You can see the full list here, but we've picked out a few of the plans she would look to enact:
– Have the U.S. rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement on "Day One."
– Suspend the federal government's efforts to eliminate Affordable Care Act protections for pre-existing conditions.
– Grant a waiver to allow Americans to import prescription drugs from Canada.
– Undertake an "aggressive" retrospective review of corporate mergers.
– Raise the minimum wage for federal contractors to $15-an-hour.
– Jumpstart "comprehensive immigration reform" including a pathway to citizenship, the DREAM Act and border security, and stop efforts to deport DREAMers.
– Prevent people who have abused dating partners from buying or owning firearms
– Bring back fuel-economy standards that were loosened under the Trump administration.
– Introduce "sweeping legislation" to combat climate change, building on the "framework of the Green New Deal" that includes investments in green jobs, tougher building codes, greener transportation and appliance standards.