The University of St. Thomas student found dead in her bed last month dies from complications relating to asthma.
That's the result of an autopsy carried out by the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office into the death of 19-year-old Katie Mullen, which found her condition caused her respiratory distress and led to sudden death.
She was found by her roommate dead in her bed at Morrison Hall, St. Paul, on Oct. 19.
According to the Pioneer Press, the medical examiner's office said they had not received a report of Mullen having a history of asthma. Her death was deemed to be the result of natural causes.
The sophomore, who was a native of Andover, was a dean's list student at the University of St. Thomas, where she worked in academic counseling and support.
A fundraising page reveals she had also been a staff member at the YMCA for two years, and had worked at Camp Guy Robinson for three summers.
"Katie had a tremendous impact on the staff and kids with whom she worked," the fundraising page says.
"At camp, she was a fun, spunky, and humorous counselor who was loved by all staff! Never afraid to be a little silly, she had a contagious energy that could get campers and staff excited to be at camp!"
The fundraiser has so far raised more than $12,000, which will go towards scholarships for summer camp placements at Camp Guy Robinson.