Barn burns after farmer accidentally sparks fire as he cleared snow

Fortunately, he was able to get the livestock out of the barn in time.
Author:
Publish date:
Updated on
unnamed (2)

A barn burned near St. Cloud after a fire was sparked by a farmer as he shoveled snow.

The Stearns County Sheriff's Office was called to the farm off of County Road 2 in St. Joseph County around 2:30 p.m. Friday.

There they found farmer Nobert Walz, 61, who said the barn's hayloft was on fire, telling police that he accidentally struck the breaker box as he was clearing snow.

This in turn caused sparks the led to the fire. Fortunately, Walz was able to get all if the livestock out of the barn.

unnamed (1)

It wasn't the only structure fire in Stearns County the past few days.

On Saturday, fire crews were called to a shed on fire at Edgeton Road in Munson Township.

The 40x48-foot shed was ablaze, with a camper, truck, skid loader and various other items inside.

The shed and its contents, which belong to Patrick and Jennifer Burg, of Richmond, are considered a complete loss.

shed1 19010863
shed 19010863

Next Up

Related