An argument over music is said to have led to the stabbing death of a 33-year-old man in Minneapolis last week.
Now, the man accused of dong the stabbing is facing up to 40 years in prison.
Quinten Osgood, Jr., a 29-year-old who's described as homeless, was charged with the killing on Monday, according to the Hennepin County Attorney's Office.
The charging documents say Osgood and the victim, Anthony Madison, were both at a party at 35th Street East and First Avenue South on the night of the stabbing, Jan. 3.
Witnesses told investigators the victim and the defendant were "getting along" until they began arguing over music, the charges say. It apparently got so heated that Madison ordered Osgood to leave the residence.
On his way out, witnesses said, Osgood "kicked the gate to the fence so hard that it caused damage," at which point Madison confronted him.
The two soon came to blows and ended up scuffling on the ground. When they stood up, the charges say, Osgood fled on foot, while Madison collapsed.
He had been stabbed three times — twice in his chest and once in his buttocks.
Madison was taken to Hennepin Healthcare, where he died a short time later, the county attorney said in a news release.
It's still not clear exactly why the two began arguing over music; the charges do not go into specifics about the alleged confrontation between Osgood and Madison.
Additionally, the knife used in the attack has never been recovered.
According to the GoFundMe set up to help Madison's family with funeral expenses, Madison left behind two children; a 10-year-old boy and a four-month-old girl.
Osgood has been charged with 2nd degree murder, "With Intent-Not Premeditated." His next court appearance is Feb. 7.
In the meantime, the case is getting national coverage, with the New York Post running a piece on the murder on Tuesday.