While Vikings coaches are in Indianapolis this week for the NFL Scouting Combine, they'll link up with officials from the Indianapolis Colts for a very important coin flip.
According to the Vikings, the two teams will take part in a coin flip on Friday to determine the draft order. Because the Vikings and Colts tied in the standings, the flip will determine who gets the 14th and 15th picks in the first round. Philadelphia owns Minnesota's first-round pick as currency from the trade that brought quarterback Sam Bradford to Minnesota.
If the Vikings win the coin flip they'll have the higher of the picks in each round listed below. If they lose, they'll get the later selection.
- 2nd round: 46th or 47th overall
- 3rd round: 78th or 79th overall; 86th overall (via Miami)
- 4th round: 121st or 122nd overall; 129th overall (via Miami)
- 5th round: 158th or 159th overall
- 6th round: 198th or 199th overall
- 7th round: 232nd or 233rd overall
The coin flip will happen at 11:30 a.m. CT.