UPDATE: Gov. Tim Walz's press conference has been moved from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Gov. Tim Walz will provide his latest update to his administration's response to the COVID-19 outbreak on Wednesday afternoon.
The governor is expected to release the first look at the "phased plan" for the reopening of dine-in service at restaurants, bars and other public accommodations starting next month.
Walz has previously intimated that salons and barbershops will be included in the phased approach.
He will be speaking at 3 p.m., with the press conference livestreamed on his YouTube page here.
He will be joined by Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm; Department of Employment and Economic Development Commissioner Steve Grove; Director of Homeland Security and Emergency Management Joe Kelly; and Minnesota Management and Budget Commissioner Myron Frans.
Walz has said that it's likely that restaurants and bars would have to abide by capacity restrictions when they resume given that COVID-19 is still widespread.
It's been suggested that 50 percent will be the maximum, though some restaurants have also suggested reopening with patio-only dining.
The governor first issued the executive order that banned dine-in service at bars and restaurants on Mar. 16, since when there have been a number of notable restaurants closed for good.
While the enforced shutdown has hastened restaurant closures, some that have shut down have said a major reason is the uncertainty that business will return to normal, given that many diners may still be concerned about dining out if the virus is still prevalent.