A delivery driver has died after apparently being overcome by carbon dioxide following a mechanical failure in his truck.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office reports that the driver was found unresponsive in the cargo area of the truck at 8124 Hwy. 65 NE, in Spring Lake Park, at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
He was parked outside of the McDonald's restaurant at the address, and was delivering liquid CO2 – otherwise known as dry ice – when a "mechanical failure occurred," the sheriff's office said.
As the driver tried to fix the problem, he was overcome by CO2 and died.
The driver has not yet been identified by authorities, which is continuing to investigate what happened.
The sheriff's office said there is no danger to the general public.