Don't eat that vegetable tray if you got it from Kwik Trip - Bring Me The News

Don't eat that vegetable tray if you got it from Kwik Trip

14 people have fallen ill in Wisconsin and Minnesota after consuming the products.
Author:
Publish date:

A public health warning has been issued after 11 people fell ill shortly after eating vegetable trays they bought from Kwik Trips in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

To date, 11 people in Wisconsin and 3 people in Minnesota have come down with the cyclospora infection shortly after eating a Del Monte vegetable tray bought from the gas station chain.

The trays contain broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and a dill dip, and come in 6oz and 12oz packages.

The Wisconsin and Minnesota health departments say the products may have been available in other retail locations, and are warning consumers not to eat either of the products.

Cyclospora is a parasite commonly found in developing countries, and those diagnosed with the infection typically report having recently traveled.

Today's Top Stories

– More charges filed against Lakeville ex-principal, including stalking.

– Minnesotan fools college professor into thinking Wakanda is real.

– Want the latest stories direct to your inbox? Sign up for our latest newsletters.

But during the summer, outbreaks are known to occur as a result of contaminated produce entering the U.S.

Symptoms of Cyclospora infection include:

  • Frequent watery diarrhea
  • Loss of appetite and weight
  • Cramping, bloating, and/or increased gas
  • Nausea (vomiting is less common)
  • Fatigue
  • Low-grade fever

The Wisconsin Department of Health says it may take a week after consuming contaminated food for symptoms to begin.

Anyone with the symptoms are urged to contact their local health provider.

Next Up

Related