Strong thunderstorms have apparently knocked down power lines on Interstate 35W in Burnsville, resulting in closures in both the northbound and southbound lanes Tuesday night.
According to the State Patrol, wires are down across I-35W and Burnsville Parkway.
"35W will be closed at this location for an extended period of time while crews work to safely remove the wires from the freeway. There are no injuries as a result of this incident. Expect delays," the State Patrol reported at 7:53 p.m.
According to MnDOT, downed power lines have forced the closure between Hwy. 13 to nearly the I-35W/35E split.
The following ramps and lanes are closed:
- Hwy. 13 northbound exit ramp to I-35W southbound.
- Hwy. 13 southbound exit ramp to I-35W southbound
- County Road 42 entrance ramp to I-35W northbound
- Burnsville Parkway entrance ramp to I-35W southbound
- Both directions of I-35W in Burnsville