The Minnesota State Patrol is investigating a wild crash that happened in St. Charles, Minnesota, Wednesday afternoon.
According to a crash report, the single-vehicle wreck occurred around 1:30 p.m. on Hwy. 14 and impacted a multiple businesses. The State Patrol says all of the following happened after the driver of a 2003 Chevy S-10 pickup turned off the highway into the parking lot of the Happy Family restaurant.
- Struck the front of the restaurant building.
- Drove through the parking lot onto the grass yard of Happy Family.
- Struck a city street sign.
- Hit a MnDOT freeway sign.
- Collided with a light pole.
- Drove onto the eastbound lanes of Hwy. 14 going the wrong way.
- Hit a retaining wall and wooden fence of a residence.
- Rolled into a Subway parking lot that is about 5 blocks from Happy Family.
The 36-year-old St. Charles man driving the 2003 Chevy S-10 pickup involved in the crash sustained non-life-threatening injuries. Alcohol was involved in the crash, the State Patrol said.
No further information has been released.