Explosion rocks business in Shakopee, no injuries reported

The explosion led to a fire just before 9:30 a.m. Friday.
Author:
Publish date:

Nobody was injured in an explosion and fire that rocked a Shakopee business on Friday morning. 

The explosion and ensuing fire happened around 9:18 a.m. at Anchor Glass Container, located at 4108 Valley Industrial Boulevard North. 

"The incident resulted in a fire in the pump house building. The fire was contained and extinguished. No injuries were reported," the Shakopee Fire Department said in a news release. 

Shakopee Valley News reports that all gas lines to the building were shut off, although it's unclear if the blast was created by a gas leak. 

Anchor Glass Container creates glass products and employs just under 300 workers. 

Next Up

Related