Fire officials are reminding residents to never leave propane appliances unattended after an Edina house caught fire Sunday evening.
The fire broke out around 8:30 p.m. in the 6600 bloc of Limerick Lane, with city authorities saying an outdoor fire table is believed to have contributed to the blaze.
In a press release, Fire Marshall Dave Ehmiller said the fire started outside the home before burning through the eaves and reaching the attic.
"Ehmiller reminds residents to never leave a propane appliance unattended; follow manufacturer’s recommendations and keep the appliance away from combustibles like your home, deck railings and out from under eaves," stated a press release from the city of Edina.
"Tubes and hose connections should be checked before the propane appliance is used."
According to the city, the homeowner was evaluated on-scene for minor injuries and a firefighter was taken to the hospital for a work-related illness.
The house is uninhabitable until further cleanup and repair work can be done.
Fire departments from Bloomington, Richfield and St. Louis Park assisted with the response.