Loved ones are hoping to raise money for the family of Adam Richard Johnson, the man whose dismembered body parts were found strewn about Northeast Minneapolis Friday, to help with funeral costs.
The creator of a Go Fund Me said the 36-year-old's family doesn't have the resources for "a decent funeral and burial." So they're looking to raise $5,000 to help them with the expenses.
"Adam leaves behind many family members and most especially two small children," the Go Fund Me reads. "Anyone who has been in this situation knows that every little bit helps. Anything you can do is greatly appreciated!"
Johnson was identified Friday as the victim of the gruesome crime. Police have described it as a targeted attack, not random, and said Johnson had not been reported missing prior to the grim discovery.
His death is being investigated as a homicide, and the police department said late last week they were still looking for additional body parts.
A spokesperson for MPD told Bring Me The News Monday they've gotten "a great deal of tips" to this point, and continue to investigate.
Meanwhile, loved ones are shedding light on Johnson and his life, describing a fun-loving supportive dad – lost just days before Father's Day – who also battled addiction and struggled with his mental health.
"Adam was greatly loved by his family, who are suffering greatly now," wrote one family member on Facebook. Another said he will be "missed dearly."
Wrote another: "I'm so at a loss for words nor can I get them out about! R.i.p to my cousin Adam Johnson and may you rest easy and be at peace 😭🙏"
Anyone who has information on this case is asked to contact Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or submit a tip online at CrimeStoppersMN.org.